Sunday, May 18, 2014

Well my Pre-Op appt was Friday. Holy cow did THAT take forever! Yikes! Surgery is on Monday. It's funny, the nurse had asked me on a scale of 1-10 what is your pain level right now. I said 7. It's constantly there. My husband, later, said...I don't think you know what pain level is. There is no way you are at 7. It's been 6 yrs of living with constant pain and I really think that there comes a time that your body just blocks out as much as it can. Sometimes I can't stand up straight the entire way. If I do it feels like there is pulling in my abdomen to my vagina. Good times.

Over the week, lots of thoughts went through my head. Like,,,IS it all in my head? Is this just me getting old, not working out, not eating right etc? I think back to Pre-Essure times. I was able to lose weight by just giving up soda or going vegetarian for a  few months, which motivated me to work out. Now doesn't matter how well I eat. Last year I was walking every day for months. Yes I lost a little but it just stopped. Yes, I could attribute it to getting old. But honestly, the brain fog, fatigue, pain...ohhh the list goes on, check my last blog post. Then I read the stories of other women going through the same stuff. I mean COME ON, this CAN'T be a coincidence that we are all feeling the same stuff. Can't be. I am loving reading about the women a few months after having their hysterectomy and Essure Coils removed. The majority say they feel like themselves again. Their husbands say they have their wife back. I am praying this is me.

I am keeping the ovaries but at least I have another avenue to explore if my PMDD doesn't let up. It definately got worse after Essure. To the point where I needed anit-depressants.

The plan is for a Vaginal Hysterectomy with Uterus and Tubes removed. We shall see what happens after they get in there. Curious to see for sure. I am getting nervous :/ Never had surgery before. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment